Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

A simple card with Fabscraps and a Julie Nutting stamp!

Yeah, I'm a crazy old poodle lady and my husband is currently building a 1948 Ford convertible street rod.  So I tease him and ask him to paint it pearl pink and put poodle graphics on the side for me.  Then I will dye my hair blue and ride around with the spoos in the back seat with a big hat on my head trailing ribbons as I go down the road.  LOL, can you just picture it?  Ha ha ha.

OK so what kind of cards does a crazy poodle lady send?  Poodle cards of course!  Fabscraps has a new collection call Love 2 Travel and one of the papers is called Paris and of course features graphics of the Eiffel Tower.  I thought that was the perfect paper for this card with Julie Nutting's Halie doll and her poodle. Now there really is no such thing as a French poodle, they are simply poodles, toy, minature, or standard, but still many people think French poodle so I thought this would make a cute card!  It's a quick simple card and I've listed the supplies and instructions below.    You could alter the design to use any kind of fussy cut image you have if you don't have any Julie Nutting stamps.




For This Project You Will Need:
    FabScraps C73 Love 2 Travel 001 Paris - 1 sheet
    FabScraps C73 Love 2 Travel 002 Map - 1 sheet
    FabScraps C73 Love 2 Travel 003 Australia - 1 sheet
    Pink cardstock
    Cream cardstock
    lace
    Sentiment
    Flowers and leaves

Instructions:
  1. Cut a 5" x 8.5" rectangle from  001 Paris.  Ink and distress the edges as desired.
  2. Cut a 5.25"x 8.75" rectangle from pink cardstock and adhere the Paris rectangle to it from step 1.
  3. Cut a 10.75" x 9" rectangle from cream cardstock and fold in half to form the card. 
  4. Chose your sentiment and cut a rectangle to mount in on such as "Happy Birthday" in my photo.
  5. Cut a green oval, about 3.5" x 5",  from C73 003 Australia.  Use foam or cardboard to pop up the oval and adhere to the upper left of the the layers from step 2.
  6. Stamp a pleasing image(s) that will go with your card onto 002 Map and fussy cut.  I have used Julie Nutting stamps for the girl and the poodle.
  7. Use foam tape and pop up the stamped image and adhere over the oval on the left side of the card as shown.
  8. Embellish with your sentiment, flowers, lace, and leaves and you are done!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...