Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Fabscraps Love 2 Travel, a new collection!

I'm excited to introduce you to one of Fabscrap's newest lines, Love 2 Travel!  Check out the entire Love 2 Travel collection, here.

I've used the Paris paper from the collection for my layout featuring a photo of my Dad when he was in Paris just after the end of WW II.  It was a bit of a challenge using pink on a guy layout but I am pleased.  You know, you just have to get past thinking pink and guys don't go together, LOL!!



I've used a Prima Almanac vine and tucked in some daisies from I Am Roses.

I heat embossed some metal bits with gold embossing powder to tuck into my cluster.   I will admit to being somewhat mad about embossing powder.


For This Project You Will Need:
    FabScraps C73 Love 2 Travel 2 sheets of 00 and 1 sheet of 004
    Black cardstock
    DC73 012 Filmstrip chipboard
    DC73 013 Viewing disk chipboard
    Border punch
    White gesso, paint, molding paste, and mask if desired
    Mist and inks
    Gold embossing powder
    Stamps
    Embellishments of your choice, i.e. flowers, vines, leaves, etc.

Instructions:
1.      Paint white gesso over C73 001 allowing some of the color to show through the gesso.  Dry and then tear about an inch off the left side. Randomly punch the other 3 sides.  Ink and distress as desired.
2.      Use a brick mask or any mask of your choice to mask some bricks here and there.  Allow to dry and then mist around the bricks.
3.      Cut a 2" x 12"  strip from C73 004 and randomly punch the edge.  Ink and distress as desired.
4.      Adhere 004 to the left side of the black cardstock allowing the edge to show as shown in the photo.  Then adhere 001 to the black cardstock as shown.
5.      Do some stamping on the page.  Water down some black paint and then flick dots on your paper with your paint brush.
6.      Cut the bottom frame off DC73 012 Chipboard Filmstrip so that you have three frames.  Paint with white gesso.  After the gesso dries, use a black ink pad to color the film strip leaving white showing through here and there.  Adhere the film strip to the right side of the page.
7.      Tear a piece of 001 larger than your photo and glue to a thin piece of cardboard.  Tear  strips of 001 and 004 and layer underneath your photo.
8.      Heat emboss DC73 013 Viewing Disk with gold embossing powder and layer over top the filmstrip.
9.      Adhere photo to the torn piece from step 7 and layer partially overtop the viewing disk and  filmstrip.

10.   Add embellishments of your choice, flowers, leaves, a title, etc.

Thanks so much for stipping by, I really appreciate it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...