Pages

Friday, May 1, 2015

Creative Embellishments May challenge

Creative Embellishments has an inspiration photo challenge every month on their blog and a great gift certificate prize for the winner each month!  Woo hoo, how awesome is that?

Here's this month's inspiration photo.  All you have to do to enter the challenge is be inspired by this photo.  Tell us about your inspiration, use at least one Creative Embellishments product, and link to your project on CE's blog.  See the May challenge post for all the particulars of the challenge.


I loved the soft pinks and white laces of this feminine photo so I chose these elements as inspiration for my project.  I've created a Happy Birthday tag using CE's coneflower chipboard and Fabscraps Elegant Chic papers from the March Swirlydoos Kit Club kit.





 The coneflowers were embellished with microbeads, Stampendous aged rose embossing enamel and Ranger Antiquities embossing powder.  I have a Snapguide tutorial showing you my process for coloring the chipboard and making this tag.


The challenge twist this month is to use the crackle effect somewhere on your project.  I chose to use Crackle Accents on the birthday tag.

My tags are usually comprised of multiple layers.  I particularly love to use diecut pieces as you can see on this tag!


To give my tag dimension and depth, I use both cardboard and foam tape to pop up my layers.


You could win a gift certificate to the Creative Embellishments store so be sure to enter the challenge!

Thanks for stopping by, hope to see your entry linked up on the CreativeEmbellishments blog!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...