Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Creative Embellishments and Scrap Around the World

Creative Embellishment designers are guests at Scrap Around the World and this is the layout I created using their August mood board from where I drew my inspiration from the colors, words and suitcases.  The suitcases made me think of being overseas and ultimately led me to scrap this photo of my Mom standing in the doorway of the house we lived in Verdun, France 1952-1954 when I was a baby.

for SATW BO Bunny On the AVe Mom Adventure

The mood board from Scrap Around the World.

SATW mood board


My Mom is an amazing person and has led such an adventurous life:   I'd like to share my journaling with you.

"Can you imagine moving to Verdun, France with a baby and small child to live in a house with no plumbing in 1952? That's what my Mom did to join my father who was stationed there with the US Army. The front door had bullet holes put there by German soldiers looking for the man of the house. She was a country gal, what must it have been like to be in a strange country? She embraced it and learned to speak French from our landlady. They would sit with the French-English dictionary and "talk". She would go on to live many more adventures as the wife of a military man in Japan and Germany!"

built a scene using several different pieces of our chipboard. First I masked some bricks onto my paper and added some torn paper strips as well as some stamping with our Distressed Text Stamp.

Then I added the arched window chippy that works so perfectly with the arched door. I used some very inexpensive water colors to paint the frame.
for SATW BO Bunny On the AVe Mom Adventure close2

The flourishes and grasses are stained with Lindy's Frosty Forest Green and then embellished with Prima flowers.
for SATW BO Bunny On the AVe Mom Adventure close

The title is stained with Lindy's Mission Bells Brown.
for SATW BO Bunny On the AVe Mom Adventure close1

I used these great Creative Embellishment products on my layout:
Thanks for stopping by our blog today!  Don't forget to check in the store and see what's on sale.  Nicolle runs some fabulous specials every day!

Maggi
maggie

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Maggi! Thank you for sharing how you put it together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggi,
    I just had to pop over to your blog to tell you how much I love your layout of your lovely Mother - it is just beautiful. And, I think the bit of one of her adventures is so intriguing - maybe you could do a series about your Mom's adventures - just a thought. Again, love the layout and your work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...