Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Graphic 45's Mon Amour collection is in the stores now!

This is the collection for all of us romantics out there!  I particularly love this collection because it really invokes a feeling of romanticism without being all pink and soft.  I am a big fan of bright and bold color rather than soft and subtle.  This collection has the most beautiful pinks and creams brought to life with blacks and greens.  Mmmm I seriously love this!

I'm up on the Graphic 45 blog today sharing this card I made for my sweetheart on the occasion of our 23rd wedding anniversary.  It's really a simple card to make.  First, I cut a card for the base, 6” wide and 5” tall.  Then I used Spellbinders A2 Scalloped Borders to cut the layered borders.  Each border cut is around an 1” and they layer so nicely over each other.  I love dies and use them all the time.  I have a Cameo but find myself reaching for my dies most of the time.   After cutting 3 border pieces to layer, I cut the final piece which is 4” from the center point to the top of the card and layered on top of the other scalloped border pieces.  Then I diecut another little frame piece from ivory cardstock, topped that with a cut apart that I popped up with foam tape, added some pretty flowers and some diecut leaves and that’s it, all done.  ½ hour tops and you have a simple, but elegant card.  That’s 20 minutes to decide on the papers to use and 10 minutes for the actual assembly!  J

If you like to make cards and tags, you might want to invest in a few basic dies.  Diecuts give your projects such a nice finished look and you can use the dies over and over again.





Supplies:

Graphic 45 Mon Amour collection (12 x 12)
Dearest Darling 4501204
Forever Mine 4501210
6 x 6 Patterns & Solids 4501211

Other:
Core'dinations Graphic 45 Signature Series Precious Pink cardstock
Ivory cardstock
Spellbinders A2 Scalloped Borders One
Spellbinders Romantic Vines
Spellbinders Decorative Labels 27
I Am Roses cream/pink roses

Later this month I'll be sharing a great mini album with you that I made from Mon Amour!  This collection makes a gorgeous mini, perfect for a wedding!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Graphic 45 blog today to see two gorgeous cards done by Lori Williams and everyday for great tutorials, tips and inspiration!

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...