Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

A Cornucopia full of sunflowers with Graphic 45!

I love sunflowers!  I love how their faces follow the sun throughout the day and love that they provide food for the birds.  It makes me happy to gaze out my window and see a bird clinging to the blossom and plucking seeds from the head.

 I wanted to make a fall centerpiece honoring this favorite flower of mine that is so predominantly featured in Graphic 45's French Country collection.  When I found this sweet little cornucopia basket,  that knew that it would be perfect filled with sunflowers and raffia.  I fussy cut a rooster and sunflowers from the French Country collection and layered them in my basket along with a silk sunflower and some raffia.  I love the result, it is perfect for fall and you know, Thanksgiving will be here before you know it.

When you have fussy cut images that will show from the back like my rooster, paint the back a solid color so that it will blend in. I painted the back of the rooster black and that blends in with the arrangement better than the pattern that was on the back.






Supplies:
Graphic 45 French Country 12 x 12 collection:
Sunflower
A La Carte
Abundance
Botanicabella Deluxe Collector's Edition - Botanicabella

Other:
Prima Mountain Lily sunflower vine
Cornucopia basket from Michael's
Sunflowers - Hobby Lobby
Raffia - Hobby Lobby
Ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...