Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Blog Hoppin' with Graphic 45 and Petaloo!

It's a great week on the Graphic 45 blog because we're doing a blog hop with Petaloo. and they make the most gorgeous flowers  that coordinate perfectly with Graphic 45's colors!  I made this sweet little box with Graphic 45's new line, Children's Hour and my favorite Petaloo blooms.  Be sure to check by Graphic 45's blog  and Petaloo's Blog every day for inspiration from all the designers and chances to win some fabulous prizes!

My box holds Valentine's coupons and a gift cards.  The coupons are great to give someone a gift that they can "cash in" later like a movie date, or for a parent, a delivered home cooked meal.  A child would love a coupon they could cash in for an ice cream date or a trip to the toy store.  I've also included a couple pockets so that I can tuck in some gift cards.




I added a hinged lid to the box that opens to reveal the message, "Will you be my Valentine?"  Of course, nothing is complete for me without lots of flowers and I've used Petaloo's gorgeous Botanica and Chantilly blooms on the lid.  They compliment  my February Love's Month box so well and add the perfect finishing touch!




Lot's of room inside the box for coupons and even some special choclates.



 I love the Graphic 45 Staples Claw Feet and lion's head Door Knocker.  Speaking of Staples, have you seen the new Staples release?  WOW, take a look here.





Gift card pockets and a fun tag.


Coupons that you create yourself.

Supplies:
Graphic 45 Children's Hour 8 x 8:
February Collective
February Montage
May Collective
Graphic 45 Children's Hour 12 x 12:
February Collective
February Montage
May Montage
Graphic 45 Children's Hour 6 x 6 Patterns and Solids
Decorative Chipboard
Graphic 45 Staples Ivory Mixed Media Box
Graphic 45 Staples Claw Feet
Graphic 45 Staples Door Knockers
Graphic 45 Staples Metal Hinges

Other:
Bazzill red cardstock Red Rock
Petaloo Botanica Blooms Coral
Petaloo Chantilly Velvet Hydrangeas
Petaloo Velvet Dogwood Ivory
Petaloo Fancy Trims Crochet Lace -Paprika
American Crafts ribbon
Red seam binding
Baker's twine
Prima Chantilly Metal Knobs
BasicGrey Small Magnetic Disks

3 comments:

  1. Maggi, this box is beautiful! When you make a box like this one, do you put a finish on the outside to protect it (Mod Podge, Varnish, etc.)? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Carol. Sometimes I use Liquitex Matte Medium as glue for the papers and as a sealant. I really like the matte finish of matte medium and its smooth and non tacky finish. On this particular box, I did not use any finish but I often do. I usually finish the outside of my mini albums with matte medium to protect them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...