Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Sharing a Petaloo breath of spring!

My favorite time of the year is spring when the cherry blossoms appear and the flowers poke their little heads up above the ground.  Spring comes early in the south and it won't be long before I'll have daffodils blooming in my yard and then quickly followed by my favorite dogwood trees and azaleas.  Until that time I'll be happy with this sweet little tin watering can I made.

To make this project I first painted an aluminum watering can with white gesso just to give it a shabby look.  Then I stuffed newspaper into the watering can so that the bird's nest would have something to rest on.  I took some raffia and formed into a circle and stuffed into the can.  I topped that with a cheap purchased bird's nest and since I was in Florida at the time, I went outside and gathered some spanish moss to add to my nest along with some tiny pieces of bark.  To give it all a cohesive look, I dry brushed the nest and raffia with white gesso and tan paint.
 I fussy cut some elements from Graphic 45's Time to Flourish Collection-May Flourish paper, and adhered to the can.

Of course Petaloo's dogwood blooms were perfect as they really illustrate my favorite blooms at this time of year!

I found this sweet little bird in the Easter section at Michaels.  


Petaloo's Botanica Blooms in lavender/purple were the perfect flowers to go with my vintage dogwoods and the G45 papers.
The Botanicas are soooo pretty!!


Petaloo Supplies:


Thanks so much for stopping by and enjoying a little breath of spring with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...