Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Tutorial for a fun G 45 Voyage Beneath the Sea wall hanging

I am loving Voyage Beneath the Sea, it is such a fun and playful collection and so great for making cards, tags, home decor, there are endless possibilities!


I've taken a simple inexpensive wooden plaque from Hobby Lobby and turned it into a  wall hanging that's sure to remind you of summer fun days by the sea.   I've used the awesome new Graphic 45 Voyage Beneath the Sea collection along with some Creative Embellishments chipboard pieces, Lindy's mists, and Petaloo flowers to compose my wall hanging.  I added some stickles to make it sparkle like the sun hitting ripples in the water.  Be sure to watch my start to finish process video!





I love this mermaid that I fussy cut from one of the cut-aparts.


Try wrinkling your cut-aparts to add some great dimension to your projects.

Creative Embellishments has some great Steampunk pieces.  (Check out the mermaid, octopus and submarine.  Wouldn't they look great with these papers?)  This is their Steampunk Gear Corners 2 that I embossed first with Stampendous Aged Gold and then Shabby Green embossing enamels.


 Gorgeous Petaloo blooms to finish it off!

Supplies: Graphic 45 Voyage Beneath the Sea (12 x 12) collection:
Deep Blue Dreams
Wild Wild Waves

Other:
Wood wall hanging-Hobby Lobby
White Gesso
Liquitex Matte Medium
Prima Stains Stencil
13 Arts Ayeeda Gesso Acrylic Primer
Petaloo Mixed Texture Blooms-teal
Stickles - crystal and frosted lace
Stampendous Embossing Enamel - aged gold and shabby green
Lindy's Starburst Mists:  Sea Mint Green, Jack-in-the Pulpit Green, Tibetan Poppy Teal, Maidenhair Fern Green, Grab a Guy Gold, Cajun Carnelian Red
Silks African Jade and Teal Zircon

Voyable Beneath the Sea is a really great collection!  Look for it in your favorite scrapbook store the end of February.

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...