Pages

Friday, April 1, 2016

Flying Unicorn April Kit layout - Girls Reunion


Have you taken a look at the revamped Flying Unicorn kit of the month?  It's one BIG Mega Kit with papers, embellishments, small art, mixed media, all in one kit at one great price of $59.95 AND free shipping for US customers and a credit for our overseas customers.  What a deal!

Love the beautiful floral images on this month's featured papers, Prima's Tales of You & Me.

I used the beautiful roses that came in the kit but darken them a bit with ink for this layout.  The gorgeous chippy is from Creative Embellishments and came in the kit.  I first painted it with the watercolors that came in the kit and then dabbed on a bit of Lindy's mist from my stash to give it a little sparkle.  Oh and that wine glass stick pin is probably my favorite thing in the kit, LOL!!  It is so appropriate for this photo of me and my two besties that I have known since we were in college and that was a really long long time ago!


The kit includes a 6 x 6 lace doily stencil that I used to stencil on some modeling paste from my stash.  The paste has a pearl finish and I love how it looks on this layout; it's so girly!


Supplies from the April kit:
Prima Tales of You & Me collection:
  Notre Amour Sera a jamais - 990855
  Floral Beaute Cachee - 990848
  Belles Melodies d'amour - 990824
  Je t'aime vine - 586256 
  Secret Love flowers - 586287
Salvage District flowers - Hall 586430
Royal Langnickel Water color paint
Studio 75 doily lace stencil
Prima Tiny alphabets 550165

Other supplies from my stash:
Lindy's Gator Gumbo Olive
MS flourish lace punch

Viva Mother of Pearl Champagne modeling paste

Our kits always include an off the page project too.  I love the OTP because it makes you think and helps get the creative processes going.

This month the OTP is a chicken wire jar holder that I turned into a luminary.


First I painted the jar holder with the Art Alchemy acrylic paint that came in the kit.  It's a pretty gold color with opal shimmer.    I dyed the white Kaisercraft flowers in the kit with Lindy's Bougainvillea Fuschia  and Burndt Red Glimmer Mist.  Of course I had to cut apart that wonderful Petaloo berry branch and tuck into my cluster.  Then I took some Flying Unicorn metal pieces from earlier kits and heat embossed them with aged ivory embossing enamel and tucked the pieces in the cluster.  As a final touch I added a nice silk ribbon and dry-brushed over it all with the Art Alchemy paint.

I turned the jar holder into a luminary by taking a piece of really old vellum and cutting it to fit inside.  I mean really old, like 10 years old!



 Well it's kinda hard to photo this such that you can see the flickering of the LED candle inside but here you can get the idea.



Remember that there is never a monthly obligation to buy a Unicorn kit; rather, you decide every month if you want a kit.  Then, you can preorder and be assured that you'll receive that month's kit.  Check out the details here.

Thanks for stoping by today!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...