Pages

Monday, June 6, 2016

A Father's Day Idea with Petaloo and Canvas Corp!

Today is fun day on my blog, haa haaa!  I really had a blast making this little scene here to celebrate Father's Day for my husband.  He's a real grease monkey as his hobby is building streetrods.  Now, the best thing about that is he can NEVER say a word about my scrappy spending habits because building streetrods is way more expensive!

So, I borrowed that cut little vintage gas tank from his miniature car collection and using a Canvas Corp 6 x 6 canvas; I "parked" an old car in a field of Petaloo blooms beside the tank!  The first step in creating my canvas was to paint the canvas with a thick coat of white gesso so that my mist and masking would be easier to apply.    After the gesso dried, I misted the canvas with both silver and suede Glimmer Mist.  Next came some stenciled on bricks.  Then the fun part, dying the flowers, adding the photo and the fun embellishments.

All the flowers I used are Petaloo DIY meaning that they are made especially for coloring as they all come white.  I used Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist to color them in fun shades of silver and red. These flowers are so easy to color and it's great that you can perfectly match your blooms to your project!

All the flowers I used are Petaloo DIY meaning that they are made especially for coloring as they all come white. I used Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist to color them in fun shades of silver and red. These flowers are so easy to color and it's great that you can perfectly match your blooms to your project.

Canvas Corp makes a fun Paper Banner Kit and I used that to create my banner that I covered with Canvas Corp burlap.  Then I topped off each banner with strips of Canvas Corp paper and heat embossed gears.  I spelled out the name using Tattered Angels High Impact Paint. and sme really old foam stamps.  That is great paint, it worked great on the burlap.




Canvas:
Petaloo-
Canvas Corp-
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Silver Sugar, Suede, Burnt Red, Timberline
Other-
Prima Junkyard Findings - Ignition Keys
White gesso

Banner:
Canvas Corp-
Other-
Distress Ink Gathered Twig
Sizzix banners die
Making Memories foam letter stamps
Creative Memories Gears
Stampendous Aged Gold Embossing Enamel
Sharpie white pen

Thanks for stopping by today!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...