Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Cards and Creative Embellishments

I've made a couple of cards for you today using Graphic 45's Enchanted Forest paper collection.  First up is a Happily Ever After card with a fun, fun, fun, Creative Embellishments  cobblestone castle on the front.  I love this little castle, I just misted it with Lindy's Long John Silver Moonshadow Mist to color it.  Misting is a great way to color chipboard that has been laser etched, reason being, that the mist does not fill in the etched design and so preserves all the fine details.

I used Spellbinders A2 Bracket Borders Two to make my cuts there at the bottom.  Eh, that detail is somewhat obliterating by the ribbon and flowers but it's there and I love the bracket look.  I cut 3 different borders and layered them on top of the card base.

I also framed the Graphic 45 Ephemera card with a small rectangular frame that I heat embossed with aged taupe to give it an old world distressed look.


Creative Embellishments Supplies:


Other Supplies:
Graphic 45 Enchanted Forest 8 x 8 pad
Stampendous Aged Taupe Embossing Enamel
Lindy's Long John Silver Moonshadow Mist
Petaloo Teastained Spice Dahlias x 10 1467-108
Petaloo Mini Daisy Petites x 40 - antique peach 1839-051
Seam binding ribbon
Spellbinders A2 Bracket Borders Two



Next a card with a pull out tag and the cutest little Creative Embellishments dragon.  I just love that fella! First I misted/painted him with Dylusions White Linen.  Using a thin mist like that allows the etchings to show through the color.  Then I dabbed on Lindy's gold and red mists.



The tag is from Graphic 45's new Inspire, Create, Imagine-Kraft Tags that are so fun. The tag just slips in behind the ephemera card.
I used an oval CE frame to focus on the quote from Tolkien.  I used Prima Empress Gold mist to color it.  And finally, for some pretty color, I added Petaloo blooms!





Other Supplies:
Graphic 45 Enchanted Forest collection:
Enchanted Forest 12 x 12
Ephemera Cards
Patterns and Solids 6 x 6
Staples Inspire, Create, Imagine-Kraft Tags

Petaloo Textured Elements x 9 Mini Blossoms -Teal
Petaloo Dahlias x 10 Teastained Spice
Prima Empress Gold mist
Lindy's Winter Jasmine Gold mist
Lindy's Autumn Maple Crimson mist
May Arts Ribbon


Thanks so much for joining me today!  Be sure to stop by the Creative Embellishments store often and check out the new products!




1 comment:

  1. Fabulous project s but I am in big trouble. I was just going to get the castle and the dragons-not happening. Thanks for linking me up with Creative Embellishments.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...