Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Kid friendly projects with Petaloo blooms!



Hi there paper friends!  Maggi here today with some kid friendly projects.  Need an activity for a birthday party for a bunch of sweet little girls?   I've got some great ideas for you.

Now I'm just a grown up kid and I still love stuffed animals and this pink poodle is my favorite!  Meet Sadie, she's modeling some of my projects for you today!



First up, a pith helmet all all jazzed up with pretty Petaloo blooms, Petaloo burlap trim, and  feathers. Graphic 45's new Safari Adventures collection was perfect for making this hat.  I cut the crown using Sillouette's 3D Garden Hat, then I designed a brim to go with it so that it would look like a pith helmet.  Here's a link to the brim.




Petaloo Supplies:
Other Supplies:
Graphic 45 Safari Adventures collection
Feathers
Sunflower button

This hat is oh so pretty and easy to make.  You can buy straw hats like this one at Hobby Lobby in different sizes and I bet Michael's also carries them.    This is a great project for younger girls because its so easy to make.  First I added some blue burlap trim at the base of the crown and then glued on some buttons for a fun embellishment.  Then I added lots of pretty Petaloo blooms.


I tied a pretty bow for the back of the hat.

I love those berry clusters!!
Petaloo Supplies:


And here's another great idea.  These foam visors are really inexpensive and the kids can decorate the visors and then wear them home.  That makes a great party activity and favor.

I went nuts with the flowers but you can never have too many flowers you know!  I glued some Petaloo burlap trim around the outer edge and added a pretty bow to the floral cluster.


Petaloo Supplies:

Now if you've got a rainy summer day and bored kids, a hat making activity might be just what you need to keep them entertained for a while!  Give them some paper, glue, tape, ribbons and of course, lots of Petaloo flowers and see what they come up with.

Thanks for joining me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...