Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

G45 Voyage Beneath the Sea mini

The most fun thing I've done this year is go on a cruise with the Graphic 45 crew and a lot of fellow .  It was so fun to meet everyone and of course, I had to create a mini to memorialize my trip!  I used Graphi 45's Mixed Media Album  and bits and pieces from all the offerings in the Voyage Beneath the Sea collection.

Here's the cover, I fussy cut some pieces and tucked in around the center section and used Creative Embellishments seaweed and gears to enhnace my underwater scene.  On the left side, I tied up some charms and ribbon and let that just dangle over the side.
I did a Snapguide tutorial of how I did the front cover for you and in the Snapguide, you'll find a list of the products I used for the cover.


I made a quick video walk through so that you could how I did all the pages.  Most of the photos were taken  by me or my cabinmate, Kathi, but I did "borrow" a few from Facebook that fellow cruise mates posted.  I'm not sure who I borrowed from, but thank you for your photo!





I did just a quick image paste on the spine and back cover.  I like to keep those kind of simle so that the mini will store easier.


I'll share a few of the interior pages with you.  This is the first page and I've used the pocket page that comes with the Graphic 45 Mixed Media Album to make a place to store memorabilia from the cruise.


The ephemera card that I used on the right, opens up so you can put a photo there or some journaling.

The right page also has an opening flap.

One of the really fun things we did on the cruise was have a Roaring 20's dress up affair!  That was so fun.  This is a photo of me with feloow designers Tatiscraps and Yumi.  It was so great to meet them!
Now this should make you laugh, this is probably my favorite story from the trip.  It was at breakfast on the morning we were leaving the ship.  You need to know that I do not drink coffee, coke is my morning "coffee".  I'll share my journaling with you:

As usual, I asked the server for a chilled coke, in a can or bottle. No coke over ice for this gal, I like my Coke pure. Unfortunately, she didn't speak much English and didn't understand, and brought me a fountain soda. Now that would not do, as I don't like fountain soda, so I repeated my request. Next she brought me a coke in a can, but it was warm. Argh, we were not communicating very well! I let it go but then another server happened by, so I asked him if it were possible to get a cold coke in a can. While he was off in search of that, I went to get my breakfast. When I returned to my table, I burst out laughing, for there it was, my coke, iced down, in a bucket, as if it were a fine bottle of champagne. Now that's what I call service and thinking outside the box!

Supplies:
Graphic 45 Voyage Beneath the Sea collection
12 x 12 Paper Pad
8 x 8 Paper Pad
6 x 6 Patterns and Solids
Sticker Sheet
Decorative Chipboard
Journaling Chipboard
Ephemera Cards
Mixed Media Album - Ivory
Graphic 45 Cityscapes Collection:
 8 x 8 Paper Pad
Ephemera Cards
Journaling Chipboard
Tags and Pockets

Other:
Creative Embellishments Steampunk Mermaid 2
Creative Embellishments Seagrass
Creative Embellishments Seaweed
Creative Embellishments Seaweed 3
Creative Embellishments Gears
Petaloo Botanica Blooms Teal 1102-104
Petaloo Botanica Minis Teal 1101-104
Lindy's Frosty Forest Green, Cajun Carnelian Red, Creme Brulee Cream
Silks - Teal Zircon , Bolivian Blue, African Jade
Stampendous Aged Gold Embossing Enamel
Black Acrylic Paint
Seam binding ribbon

Thanks for joining me today!

4 comments:

  1. Maggi, this mini is fantastic!!!! Each gorgeous page is perfectly designed; I love all of the small details that embellish your "story" so perfectly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do we order any of these kits once the month has passed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ellen, this is an old post and I imagine this paper would be hard to find as it is no longer in print. However, you can try a search on Graphic 45 Voyage Beneaqth the Sea and see if any shops still have inventory.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...