Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2016

OTP project with the August Flying Unicorn kit

The Flying Unicorn kit always include and off the page project that is sure to put your creativity into motion!  The August kit includes an adorable little row boat for the OTP.  Also included in the kit is an 8 x 10 canvas, so I decided to combine the two to make a fun beach scene using Graphic 45's By the Sea collection.
I built a base for my sand with crumpled paper towels and plaster cloth which is a product that you soak briefly in water and lay over a structure, in my case paper towels, to create dimensional objects. When the plaster cloth dries, it is rock hard.  It's something I had from my model railroad days and its the easy version of paper strips and plaster of paris.  After than dried, I covered it with a thin layer of Viva Stone Art to create my sand.



 In North Carolina, our beaches have lots of sea oats and sand dunes so I made sea oats using a Spellbinders Cattails die and glued microbeads to create the seed pods. 


I painted the row boat white and then dirtied it up with some ink.  The paddles are just inked.







 row boat
8 x 10 canvas

Other Products
Petaloo Darjeeling Dahlias Teastained Spice1467-108
Petaloo Mini Mis Teastained Blue 1462-103
Viva Stone Art
Plaster Cloth
Fish Net
Antique Copper microbeads
Spellbinders Cattails die


Thanks for stopping by today.  I appreciate it so much!

1 comment:

  1. I love this...so much dimension, it comes to life! another fantastic creation, I always enjoy your art work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...