Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Creative Embellishments February Challenge

Happy February!  It's time for a new Creative Embellishments photo inspiration challenge.  Since it's the month of love, I decided to make a love canvas.  The photo inspired me to just play with mixed medias and see what would result and this is it. 

 I started out with a blank canvas and used white gesso to paint over and glue down netting and cheesecloth for some fun texture.  Then I stenciled on some hearts.   Next, I added 3 butterflies from the Butterflies (set of 5) and again painted them with white gesso.  I added color with several Lindy's mists in pinks and peachy pinks.  At this point I was happy with my background and started building the center piece.  

 I used Graphic 45's Mon Amour collection and tore some  banner strips.  I used foam tape to pop up the distressed rectangle to add dimension.  Then I added the Grunge Heart Corner which I painted with Viva metallic paints.  I dabbed some Glossy Accents onto the grunge heart and on the canvas background and pressed in some microbeads. 
 I topped a Washi Tape Shape Cluster  with a wood veneer heart from the Conversation Hearts






  Then to gussy it all up I added some pretty Petaloo flowers and a cut-apart "Je t'aime" (I love you) from the Mon Amour collection.  To finish it off, I used a pallette knife to lay down gesso around the edges creating a frame look of sorts and then raqndomly dry brushed white gesso over the entire canvas.

Creative Embellishments Supplies:


Our challenges are fun and easy and best of all, you could win a $50 gift certificate to the Creative Embellishments store.  The winner is picked randomly AND if you use our products you get an extra entry!  Everything you need to know about the challenge is in the monthly challenge post on the Creative Embellishments blog and the challenge post is always at the top.

Thanks for joining me today!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...