Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Valentine Cards with Creative Embellishments



The day of love is fast approaching so I've made a couple of Valentine cards for you.  This first one is a stepcard.  These card are so great for display because they stand up by themselves.

Here's a side view, you can see the mechanism that makes it stand.

I used a Creative Embellishments Oval Frame  to accent my oval diecut layered beneath the Carte Postale pocket.  The oval diecut and the oval frame make a pretty pair!

I heat embossed the frame with Stampendous aged ivory embossing enamel and added some sugared Petaloo blooms as the perfect accent.


Inside the pocket is a tag where you can write a personal message.

Inside the card is a large space where you can write a nice love note to your sweetie!



Next up, a simple layered card  I added 2 paper layers to my card base and then topped that with a Cheery Lynn Designs diecut.  That makes a great background for Creative Embellishments' Love Heart Flourish Corner.  I love the scroll work on this chippie and it looks so pretty on the paper layers.
Some tiny Petaloo blooms along with a bright red anemone add just the right finishing touch to that pretty swirly chippy!





Thanks for joining me today.  Be sure to stop by the Creative Embellishments store and see what's new. Nicolle is always adding new designs!



2 comments:

  1. How do you make a stepcard? Tried to search your site and couldn't find a reference. As usual, your work is beautiful. You hit that fine line between finely embellished and overdone, a difficult thing to do consistently. I can spot your work on G45 before I see your name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind comment. Here's a link to a step card tutorial: https://scraptravelbark.blogspot.com/2016/01/non-traditional-valentine-cards-with.html.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...