Pages

Thursday, June 1, 2017

June challenge at Creative Embellishments

LOVE this month's Creative Embellishments June inspiration photo!!  Steampunk is such a fun style and this photo just captivates me!

Of course I turned to my Graphic 45's Voyage Beneath the Sea collection to begin my canvas.  Creative Embellishments has a ton of Steampunk inspired chippies and alot of nautical and sea related chippies too!
 This is  an 8 x 10 canvas.  First I did some masking on the background.  Then I got out my new Distress Oxide inks and inked up the background.  I added some Lindy's mists to add some sparkle.
 Next, I added the center image from the G45 Voyage Beneath the Sea signature page.  At the top I used the Steampunk Frame and at the bottom I used lots of gears and a Steampunk Gear Corner.   used Prima's rust paste on all of these chippies to give them that aged underwater look.

I created an underwater garden with 3 different seaweed chippies and some Petaloo Botanica blooms. I painted the seaweed with Silks.

This Steampunk Octopus is one of my favorite Steampunk chippies, he's just so cute!  First I inked him up with Distress Oxides and then I decided to grunge him up with Rust paste.  Poor guy looks a little tattered don't you think?  He needs to get out in the water and wear away some of his rust! 😉


Creative Embellishments Chipboard:


Thanks for stopping by today!  Be sure to check out the challenge post and I hope you'll join in!  You might just win a gift certificate to the store.  You can find all the details in the monthly challenge post that's the first post on our blog , every month.  

1 comment:

  1. I am not much of a steam punk kind of old lady but I sure do love this!!!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...