Pages

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Romance with Cheery Lynn Designs

Wouldn't you love it if your sweet heart gave you this romantic piece telling you about the rose in his heart?  Sometimes I am a hopeless romantic, but alas, my sweetheart is not!  Oh well....I can dream!  I designed this tag for Cheery Lynn Designs, their flowers and flourishes are so perfect for this romantic piece.  I'm also entering this in the Frilly and Funkie challenge, more about that at the end of this post.
I used a 5.5" x 10" large tag from Creative Embellishments for this. These large tags are a great alternative to using a canvas. Often I am asked, what do you do with tags? Well in the case of these large ones, they are like canvases, if I don't give them away, I hang them in my craft room. Small tags I gift or use the same way one uses a card.

First I covered the chipboard tag with design paper from my much hoarded Graphic 45  Le Romantique collection.  Then I built  diecut layers.  Behind the gentleman (image from The Proper Gentleman G45 collection) I used a diecut from the Horizon French Flair Boutique Stacker Frames set.



The verse is layered over a A2 Frames Rectangular Scalloped  diecut and that is layered over a doily cut with the Priscilla Doily die.



 I do love flowers and flourishes so much!  These are roses made with the Large Rose 7 Piece Die Set.  Then I tucked in greenery made with the Flourish Leaf Strip 5 Piece Die Set .  I like to add a little glimmer to my leaves so they are colored with Lindy's mist.  At the top I've used the Tropical Flourish Die and nested a metal butterfly that's had a bit of embossing powder heat embossed on its wings.

These flowers were made with Judy's Blooms Die and the Black Eyed Susan Strip 5 Piece Die Set.  Aren't they lovely?

Cheery Lynn Designs Dies Used:
Horizon French Flair Boutique Stacker Frames 3 Piece Die Set - DL271

The Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog's challenge is titled "you're My Inspiration" and the challenge is to use an image or photo that inspired a vintage or shabby chic project.  Well, you know what inspires me, always, Graphic 45.  So I chose this handsome gentleman from the a Proper  Gentleman collection and fussy cut him out and paired him with his story, The Lover Tells of the Rose in His Heart, also from the collection.





That's it from the Romance department today!  ðŸ˜Š  Thanks so much for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. What a truly beautiful tag. Lovely colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the visit and the very kind comment!

      Delete
  2. Maggi, this is a stunning oversized tag! I lov eyour idea to treat them as if they are a canvas. Your layers are beautiful and those flowers are just amazing! I love how you've finished your butterflies, and the colors and embellishments all work so well together. Thank you for sharing this with us at Frilly and Funkie and for letting us know and showing us how you were inspired! Hugs! Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for you sweet comments!

      Delete
    2. Congratulations on being our winner at Frilly and Funkie! Your project is a knock out! Can't wait to see what you will make as our Guest Designer at Frilly and Funkie!

      Delete
  3. This is so lovely, Maggi! Beautiful colors and layers. Your handmade flowers are delightful and the inspiration and sentiment behind the piece are heartwarming. I'm delighted to have you playing along in our challenge at Frilly and Funkie. Hope to see you back playing with us again the future!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, I really appreciate your comments!

      Delete
  4. Oh, Maggi! This is just delicious in every detail! I love your handmade flowers and the rich romantic hues. You are a master of tags! Thanks so much for sharing your inspirational art with us at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, thank you for your ever so sweet comments!!

      Delete
  5. Maggi this is wonderful! I love the clever use of the Graphic 45 images and your amazing dimensional flowers. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your kind comments so much Jenny, thank you!!

      Delete
  6. Maggi i have to tell you how much I love and adore your fabulous tag. You achieved to create a romantic project without it's getting too much. Guess it's because you also used some more masculine colors among the lovely colors you ised to create your AMAZING flowers. Gosh you are so talented. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely art to inspire us.
    Hugs from Monica
    Spain

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...