Pages

Friday, July 14, 2017

Steampunk Passport Journal for Creative Embellishments


I have a new passion, Oh my!!  It's these journals that are bound with elastic cord similar to a Midori journal.  I made this one with Sizzix's passport die and it is just so darn cute.  I love the miniature size, it's 3.5" x 5" and it's about 1.125" thick.  Soooo, I dug deep into my stash and pulled out Graphic 45's Steampunk Debutante and lots of Creative Embellishment steampunk chippies to make this journal.

On the cover I used the Steampunk Clock and Gear Cluster, it pretty much covers the face of the journal.  To give it a nice aged look, I heat embossed it with Stampendous Aged Copper embossing enamel.  The copper and patina in the enamel really match the papers well.  I love the mini dress form chippies and used them throughout the book.  There are 6 dressforms in a package which is so great!





I made gear clusters throughout the journal simply by stacking 1" and 3/4" gears together.  To color the gears, I gave them a quick misting with Lindy's Moonshadow Golden Doubloons mist. 


Another of the fun dressforms!  I really love how the dress forms are etched with the floral design.

More gears....



One the left you can see the closure for the mini. You can make a sturdy closure by cutting a piece of cardstock and then covering both sides with washi tape. I glued a velcro closure to the flap and to the back of the journal to hold it closed.

Creative Embellishments Chipboard used:


Be sure to stop by the Creative Embellishments store and see all the Steampunk designs!

Thanks for joining me today!


1 comment:

  1. This is awesome Maggi! You found the perfect embellishments and papers! Just reading your bio- how do you fit all the stuff you need in a motorhome? We have one too although lately have not been out in it- missing being on the road :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...