Pages

Friday, August 25, 2017

Graphic 45's Winter Wonderland will be in your favorite store SOON!


I love Graphic 45's new Christmas collection with it's traditional reds and greens!  It is so perfect for this layout of my great niece and nephew. I wanted the photo to be the focal point so it is centered on a large punched doily with two floral clusters; simple but effective.You can make really pretty floral clusters by first fussy cutting flowers from design paper and then layering dimensional flowers over the fussy cut ones. In this case I fussy cut some of the poinsettias and topped that with a pine cone and berries branch and a single bloom. Dry brushing a little white paint on the pine cones and flower adds a touch of winter.


To add a festive look, I highlighted some of the flower petals and berries on the design paper with red Stickles.
The Merry Christmas title is a chipboard piece from Creative Embellishments and is heat embossed with embossing enamel.


Graphic 45 Supplies:
Graphic Winter Wonderland 12 x 12 Collection:
Winter Wonderland
Yule Post
Nordic Greetings
Woodland Whimsy

Other Supplies:
Bazzill Cardstock -  French Vanilla
Petaloo Botanica Anemones
Petaloo Pine Cones and Berries
Martha Stewart Cherish Punch Around the Page punch set
WRMK Lucky 8 Frilly Lace Punch
Stickles - Christmas Red
Creative Embellishments Merry Christmas words
Stampendous Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel
White paint


Next, I made a simple card with a beautiful presentation as an easel card.  These look so pretty standing on a mantel or side table.

 To give the card that "WOW factor", I diecut the easel portion. When we are designing for shows we often receive first run papers literally hot off the press and we don't get any embellishments like chipboard, tags, etc to go with it.  So sometimes embellishments are a bit of a challenge. 

Tip:  Make your own embellishments like the button I used!  Just punch a 1" circle from chipboard and then punch a 1" circle from design paper. Glue them together and use a button from another G45 collection to mark the button holes.  Punch the holes with a WRMK Big Bite. Presto, now I have a button embellie! 

Another tip: To give my project a little dimension without going overboard, I fussy cut some poinsettias from design paper and layered them over the diecut bird image, popping them up with foam dots. That added a nice touch without making my card too bulky to mail.

Inside the card, I stamped a sentiment and image and trimmed it with a border strip from the design paper.


Graphic 45 Supplies:
Graphic Winter Wonderland 12 x 12 Collection:
Winter Wonderland
Nordic Greetings
Woodland Whimsy

Other Supplies:
Bazzill Cardstock - Red Rocks, French Vanilla
May Arts Seam Binding Ribbon
Cheery Lynn Dies - French Flair Pierce And Cut Tool, Horizon French
 Flair Boutique Stacker Frames 
EK Success 1" circle punch
Martha Stewart holly punch

Thanks for joining me today.  Look for this new Graphic 45 collection in your favorite scrapbook store soon IR order it from Graphic 45's new online store.


1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...