Pages

Sunday, September 10, 2017

An easel card with a twist for Cheery Lynn Designs

I love to make easel cards but I like to give them a twist by giving the front a nice shape like this scalloped oval.  I used Cheery Lynn's Oval Scalloped LG Stackers Nesting Dies 6 Piece Die Set
to do that.  The scalloped front of the card looks so nice sitting on the rectangle base.

I used Photoplay papers and ephemera from the French Flea Market collection to make this card. You know the connection...Paris...fashion, perfect collection to use with the Antique Dress Forms dies from the recently released Veriloquent Vintage Collection.

Next I added the Polynesian Sails Oval Die to add a pretty doily effect.  Then I tucked in some ephemera, the bird cage and "enjoy today" card from the paper collection.

To finish my card off, I made some pretty flowers with the Floral Bouquet Kit 8 Piece Die Set backed with leaves cut with the Flourish #14 2 Piece Die Set.  



Thanks for visiting today, I appreciate it!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! Would you be willing to share the measurements for the base card? I could figure it out, but would have to "think hard" since the ovals "hang outside" the dimensions of the base!! LOL! Thanks - it is "just my style" (vintage) and absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind comments!
      This particular card is 5" x 6". Best to calculate your dimensions based on the size of the die you use. Most of the cards that I make like this are roughly the same size as the die. I use. This one is a bit different in that the oval die is just a bit larger than the card dimensions. I usually work with a couple sheets of scrap paper when I'm figuring out what looks good.

      Delete
  2. Thank you soooo much!! That helps a lot! I'm off to "create"!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...