Pages

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Creative Embellishments October Challenge

Here it is October, already...Well the good thing about that is that it's a new challenge at Creative Embellishments. I love the skeleton inspiration photo! The twist this month is to use just black and white.

This is my favorite creative time of the year as I love making all things Halloween. It's just so fun and it can be grungy, cutsy, whatever you like! 
First I made a card for the challenge featuring a scary witch from the Halloween Witches set ,flying with some wood veneer bats (Going Batty).  The witch comes in a great set of 3 different styles.

Inside I added a cool cauldron (Witch Set) with a bat (Bats) watching over the bubbling.  I painted the cauldron black and then used white paint mixed with a little black to create the bubbles.


Next up is a tag from the Large Tags set, I just love these tags; they come 3 in a set and are 5.5" x 10".  They are great to use when you want to make an art piece but want to use something other than  a canvas.
I started by covering the background of the tag with Authentique's Mysterious collection.  Then I stamped on some paint drips with the Paint Splat Trio Stamp set.   Then I stenciled on the spider web and Halloween sentiment using the Halloween Stencil.


This Skeleton is one of my favorite Halloween embellishments.  I used a Ranger paint dabber 
to color him.


Of course I had to add a big ugly spider!

I hope you'll join in our challenge this month.  All you have to do is upload your project to our blog.
You could win a gift certificate to the store!

Creative Embellishments Products Used:


Thanks for visiting me today.  I'll be sharing more Halloween projects so be sure to stop by again.

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...